No products in the cart.
Ever since I was a kid, my favorite flavor combination has been sweet and salty. Personally, one of the best sweet and salty snacks is a Wendy’s Frosty with fries to dip in it. Don’t judge, I know you’ve done it too. Growing up, every time we went to Wendy’s I just had to get this. As I grew older my tastes matured, and I sought out different ways to satisfy my more sophisticated pallet.
About two years ago, after a night of a little too much drinking, I awoke to an intoxicating smell. I thought it was pancakes but to my surprise it was the oh so classic, french crepes. My saint of a friend had the brilliant idea of easing the regrettable hangover with delicious crepes filled with bananas and Nutella. Just the smell of it eased the pains from the night before. Believe it or not, I was ecstatic as I had never had crepes before. My inner child was reminded of my favorite sweet and salty combination and immediately started thinking about what I could add to complete this epic breakfast. What better way to pair the sweetness of Nutella and banana than a couple strips of crisp bacon? And boy, was I right. This pairing has been my constant obsession and I knew I had to share it with you. The great thing about crepes is that the possibilities are endless. Thanks to my Blackstone Outdoor Griddle, I’ve been able to try an insane amount of variations, and right now my favorite would have to be peanut butter and banana, drizzled with chocolate. You can never go wrong with this classic combination. But we cannot forget about its salty counterpart; breakfast potatoes and bacon are the perfect sides for this sweet dish. Check out my favorite recipe below.
Peanut Butter & Banana Crepes on your Blackstone Griddle
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1.2 cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon of butter per crepe cooked
- Chocolate for drizzle
- In a medium bowl, put in your peanut butter, yogurt and cinnamon and mix until smooth and consistent. Then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in your milk and sift in your flour. Whisk until there are no clumps.
- Add water to your flour and milk mixture and stir until consistent.
- Put your Blackstone Griddle on high. Must be very hot!
- Add one teaspoon of butter, don’t be scared if it scorches, it should do that. Make sure it covers the size of crepe you want.
- Add ⅓ cup of the mixture to the pan and using a batter spreader, or a large metal spatula, spread the batter wide enough for a nice thin layer.
- Cook for about 25 seconds, flip and cook for an additional 25 seconds.
- Remove from griddle and lather one side with your peanut butter mixture.
- Add as many banana slices as you want. I like mine loaded so I put about 12 slices.
- Roll the crepe and enjoy!
Want to impress your whole family? You cannot go wrong with this breakfast recipe. It’s simple, easy and delicious! After trying so many different kinds of crepes, the best advice I can give you is how much a difference your cookware makes. Don’t settle for mediocre pans. Make the job easier and better with a Blackstone Outdoor Griddle; it is so versatile for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are even multiple sizes so you can choose the one that will fit your outdoor cooking space best. Shop now and complete your outdoor kitchen today!Shop Griddles Now