Hibachi as a dish can be traced back to ancient Japanese times and was initially cooked in an earthenware pan that could be used to burn charcoal. Since then, the Hibachi has evolved into an indoor or outdoor flat-top grill that is worth every penny. Blackstone Griddles are portable cook-tops that have the same properties as restaurant grade Hibachi Griddles.
The true beauty of Blackstone’s Griddles for Hibachi Cooking is the portability. This grill can easily be taken camping, tailgating, or set up in your backyard and does not require too much power for operation. This innovative griddle has a heating element that provides ample heat to the flat-rolled steel surface. Blackstone griddles have precise heat regulators which allow the user to create every dish that they could possibly imagine. Visit some recipes to tackle here.
What really makes this griddle so special is the ability to cook many different things on one surface. With the Blackstone 36″ Griddle you have enough room to sauté up vegetables, rice, and even your meat before you combine them all together into one great Hibachi meal! The Blackstone Griddle is available in many different sizes; 17″ Table Top, 28″ Griddle, and 36″ Griddle along with the Tailgater combo, there’s a size for any group or household! With the 36″ sizes (available in stainless steel) you can also add a surrounding table which gives your guests a place to put their drinks or plates while they watch you cook! The Blackstone 36″ with the surrounding table really is the life of the party.
Is Maintenance Difficult for Griddles?
By now, you must be wondering if such a diverse griddle will demand high maintenance but rest assured, that is not true. These supreme griddles require the same degree of maintenance that traditional non-stick pans require. Follow these simple cleaning and seasoning steps for optimal performance and long life of your Blackstone Griddle.
We strongly recommend that the unit is covered when left outside for any length of time, especially during the winter months.
WHAT IS SEASONING?
Seasoning is the preparation of steel or cast iron cookware for use. There are two reasons for seasoning:
- To coat the cookware to prevent rust
- To create a natural, permanent non-stick cooking surface Seasoning is an easy, but very important first step when using the Blackstone Griddle.
Unlike synthetically coated griddles, steel and cast iron can be seasoned repeatedly, constantly restoring the cooking surface. When you season your griddle, you are preventing rust and providing the cookware with a natural, permanent non-stick surface.
Remember: Seasoning is an ongoing process that takes time and repeated use before a griddle or pan develops a shiny, black surface like your grandmother’s cast iron cookware. The more often you cook on and season your griddle, the more non-stick the surface will become.
Cleaning Griddle FIRST TIME:
Blackstone Griddles are pre-seasoned with cooking oil to prevent rust and damage during shipping.
- For first time use, wash the griddle in hot, soapy water. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD USE SOAP ON THE GRIDDLE. Rinse and dry completely with paper towels.
- Proceed with seasoning instructions.
AFTER EACH USE:
- To clean the griddle after each use, scrape gently with a spatula and wipe down the griddle surface with a paper towel.
- For tough food residue, pour hot water onto the griddle surface and let it boil the residue off.
- Wipe again with a paper towel and dry completely.
- ¼ cup of table salt can also be used to buff off stuck on food. Proceed with Seasoning Instructions.
- Remove all food debris with spatula or scraper.
- Apply a generous, even coating of cooking oil (olive, vegetable, peanut, etc.) to the griddle surface.
- Use a paper towel to spread the oil evenly across the cooking surface of the griddle.
- Allow griddle to cool down and store in a cool, dry place.
5 Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Flat-Top Griddle
- Is it Portable?
- Is it engineered in the USA?
- Are the legs adjustable?
- Is there even burner distribution?
- Is it easy to maintain?
We are happy to say here at Blackstone that all these and more are a GO!
So there you have it! Get to cooking, whether it be hibachi, burgers, or even breakfast… No other griddle compares to Blackstone’s versatility!