- 4 chicken breasts (deboned and skinless)
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- salt, pepper or BBQ rub
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (chef recommends Maggi sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of ponzu sauce
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 ginger (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion (sliced)
- 1 medium green pepper (medium, cut into strips)
- 1 sweet red pepper (medium, cut into strips)
- 12 oz. of peas and carrots (frozen)
- 1 cup of corn (frozen)
- 4 cups of jasmine rice (precooked)
Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat and oil the surface.
Coat the chicken with salt and pepper or bbq rub to taste. Cook a few minutes on each side. Dice the chicken into small pieces and continue cooking. Add bbq sauce and finish.
Start sautéing the peppers and onions and cook until they start to get soft. Add garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Cook until fragrant.
Add more oil beside the onions on the griddle. Then, place the frozen peas, carrots, and corn. Incorporate the cooked diced chicken as well.
Add the cooked rice on top of the onion, garlic, and ginger mix. Toss to combine.
When the peas, carrots, corn, and chicken are finished, combine with the rice and mix.
Melt the butter on the griddle and add the eggs. Scramble until fully cooked then incorporate into the rice.
Add shoyu sauce and ponzu sauce to the rice. Toss to combine.
Remove from griddle and serve warm.