- 1 Cedar Plank (6x4 Inches or Small Planks for Each Fillet)
- 1 Lb. of Salmon (Skin on, Cut into 4 oz. Fillets)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Flake Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper (fresh)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Lemon Peel (dried)
- 4 Thyme (Sprigs - Leaves Stripped from Stems)
Heat Blackstone griddle on high for 15 minutes.
Place dry, unsoaked cedar planks on the hot griddle. Cover with basting cover for 10 minutes, then turn plank over to heat the other side. Remember later to place the basting cover over the cedar plank for another 10 minutes
Season the salmon fillets with sea salt, pepper, lemon, and fresh thyme leaves
Place each piece of salmon on the hot cedar plank. Cover with the basting cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Check the temperature of the salmon with an instant-read thermometer - your target temperature is 145 degrees. If you like rarer salmon, 135 degrees is your target.
Serve hot with your favorite vegetables
Do not reuse cedar planks after cooking – throw them away.
Recipe by Kate Dunbar