- 1 Lb. of Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast halves or tenderloins
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Dried Marjoram
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- 7 Oz. of Bottle Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 Teaspoons of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup of Vertically Sliced Onion
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Fennel Seeds, Crushed
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Oz. of Fontina Cheese, Sliced
- 12 Oz. of Loaf Rosemary Focaccia, Cut in Half Horizontally
- 4 Teaspoon of Low-Fat Mayonnaise
- Avocado Oil
Pound chicken to ¾-inch thickness, or use tenderloins.
Combine lemon juice, mustard, oil, marjoram, thyme, 1 garlic clove, and chicken in a large zip-lock plastic bag. Seal the bag and let marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or more, turning occasionally.
Heat Blackstone over medium-high heat, then turn down to medium once it’s warmed up.
Pour avocado oil on the blackstone to start sauteing the chicken on one half and the red pepper and onion mix on the other half.
Put the raw chicken on the griddle and start cooking.
Put the onions on the other half of the griddle. Once the onions are starting to get tender, add the remaining ingredients (4-garlic cloves, onion, sugar, fennel, crushed red pepper, and salt) and sauté 1 minute. Cook until the onions are tender, stirring frequently. Add red bell peppers and sauté for another five minutes. Stir in vinegar and black pepper.
Once chicken is done, cool slightly, cut chicken into slices.
Prepare a space on the griddle to toast the bread. Put the cut bread with the cut side down on the Blackstone for a minute to warm up the inside of the bread. Spread cut sides of bread evenly with mayonnaise. Arrange cheese on bottom half of bread. Arrange chicken and pepper mixture over cheese. Top with top half of bread, press lightly. (You can use a griddle press if desired.)
Griddle for 3 minutes on each side, or until cheese melts. Cut into quarters Yield 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich quarter)