- 4 Bolillos (Mexican Bread)
- 16 Oz. of Refried Beans
- 12 Oz. of Chorizo (Mexican Sausage)
- 2 Tomatoes (Medium-Sized, Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 White Onion (Finely Chopped)
- Cilantro (Bunch, Finely Chopped)
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Serrano Pepper (Deveined and Finely Chopped)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of Vegetable Oil
- Salt (to Taste)
In a big bowl place the tomatoes, onion, serrano peppers, avocado and cilantro. Add lime juice, salt to taste, and mix well.
Slide the bolillos in half - lengthwise.
Preheat the griddle - set the center burners at medium, and the side burners at low.
Spread two teaspoons of vegetable on the center of the griddle. Place the chorizo. As it cooks, break it into small pieces - make sure not to let any grease leak out.
Once the chorizo is half cooked, smear some grease on all bolillo halves. Place them on the griddle face down for toasting. Make sure you flip the bolillos from time to time.
Use the chorizo grease on the griddle again to heat the refried beans. As soon as the bolillos are toasted and the beans hot, take the ingredients off the flat top. Place beans, chorizo, and pico de gallo on top of the bread and set them aside.
Use the remaining chorizo grease to cook the four eggs. Cook sunny-side up, and place on top of molletes. In the end, you'll have four molletes with eggs and four without.